Hospital Pack List
Don’t wait until you are in labor to pack for the hospital. A few weeks before your due date, pull together the items from this list. When the big moment arrives, you can double check the list before leaving to pack last-minute items and to be sure you have all you need. Your partner also might want to bring an overnight bag with a change of clothes and personal items.
- Your insurance card
- Change of clothes, including a going-home outfit. Make sure
clothes are loose-fitting and comfortable.
- Nursing bra, nursing pads, and maternity underwear
- Toiletries, such as toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo,
conditioner, contact lens solution, lip balm, hair brush and clips or
bands. Don’t forget eye glasses, if you wear them.
- Something to read or keep you entertained, like crossword puzzles
- Your camera/video camera, including batteries and charger. Make sure your partner keeps track of and brings home anything valuable.
Snacks for your partner, and for you after you have had your baby
Phone numbers of friends and family members
- Going-home outfit, such as a stretch suit, nightgown, or sweater set
- A pair of socks or booties
- Receiving blanket, cap, and heavier blanket or bunting, if the weather is
- Diapers and wipes (some hospitals provide an initial supply of these)
- Rear-facing infant car seat
- Diaper bag
What Not to Bring:
- Credit cards, lots of cash, or any other valuables
To read more about this topic, from this and related documents, please see WomensHealth.gov. You might also wish to see the HealthyNJ pages:Pregnancy, Diabetes in Pregnancy, Prenatal Care, Prenatal Testing, Premature Birth and Problems During Pregnancy.